Non-League Day falls on Saturday 7 October this year, and the Rebels have a home match in EVO-STIK South Premier against Biggleswade Town.
This year Prostate Cancer UK is the proud official charity partner of Non-League Day. This is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate Non-League football as well as raise awareness and funds of a disease that kills one man every 45 minutes.
Non-League Day was set up in 2010 and has now grown to become an annual part of the football calendar, backed by Premier League and Football League clubs, MPs, celebrities, media organisations, charities and most importantly the non-league clubs themselves and the fans who turn up on the day. Always scheduled to coincide with an international break, Non-League Day provides a platform for clubs to promote the importance of affordable volunteer led community football while giving fans across the country the chance to show support for their local non-league side. For further details, visit the Non-League Day website.
To mark the occasion, Slough Town Football Club will be holding a number of events and giving supporters special offers, including:
• Slough season ticket holders will be able to bring two friends or family members to the match for FREE
• A one-time reduced price offer on Slough Town 2017/18 season tickets for the remainder of the EVO-STIK South Premier season – prices to be announced later this week
• A reunion of the 1976 Slough schoolboys team, which played Liverpool in the FA Schools Final at Anfield. The team will be on pitch at half time and in the bar after the match
• A half time ‘crossbar challenge’ costing £5 per person (register and pay in advance on the day of the match). If you manage to hit the crossbar from the centre spot, you share the jackpot of £150, and STFC will donate £150 to Prostate Cancer UK. Suitable footwear for the 3G playing surface can be borrowed on the day
• Cake sale, with donations made to Prostate Cancer UK
• Bucket collections and sales of pin badges for Prostate Cancer UK
Text BADGE to 70004 to donate £5* and get a badge to wear with pride.
* Text costs £5 plus network charge. Prostate Cancer UK receives 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payers permission. Customer care 0800 082 1616. Charity No 1005541.
Copyright 2021 Slough Town F.C. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.sloughtownfc.net as the source.