Slough Town Football Club is seeking help in appointing a physician as the club’s designated COVID-19 Medical Officer.
We are looking for a GMC registered medical professional, or a retired doctor to support us on a voluntary basis as our COVID-19 Medical Officer.
The role is not to be confused with that of a Club Doctor, so would not require regular attendance at matches.
This position has the following requirements:
• To be familiar with the club’s COVID-19 operational plan and protocols
• To be aware of any risk assessments that have been performed on players and staff at the club and to follow up with any staff who present a concern
• If the club undertakes COVID-19 antigen testing, to provide oversight of how this is to be performed and take responsibility for any results
• To be aware of and support symptom and temperature screening at the club and to be involved in any subsequent advice regarding isolation, medical treatment and return to training and playing football
• To be familiar and up to date with the latest guidance and ever-increasing knowledge of COVID-19 and its effects
• Provide support to players and staff returning after illness with respiratory issues should the need arise.
This position would suit a local GMC registered professional who would like to help support their community and the return of football to Arbour Park.
To express your interest in supporting us please email Kay Lathey: email@example.com
Image: Philip Benton
Copyright 2021 Slough Town F.C. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.sloughtownfc.net as the source.