Strong Second Half Performance Sees Rebels Win

Hitchin Town

Hitchin Town

Parker (16)
Slough Town

Slough Town

Richardson (3), Hammatt (70, pen)
League Attendance: 437 Graham Kemp
Slough secured a fourth win in a row against Hitchin in a game of two halves at Top Field on Saturday.

Slough took an early lead, but it was the home side who dominated the first 45 minutes.

Marcus Richardson put the Rebels in front within three minutes when he dribbled his way into the box before planting the ball into the bottom corner.

But Hitchin soon took control of proceedings with Carl Williams down the right and Adam Parker up front looking dangerous.

These two combined for the Hitchin equaliser on 16 minutes when Williams' long ball from midfield saw Parker through on goal, and he fired into the top corner from just inside the box.

The Slough defence held firm even after Lee Gledhill was forced off with an injury on 27 minutes. Graham Kemp particularly excelled at the heart of defence.

Despite being on the back foot, Slough looked threatening towards the end of the half, with hard work from Richardson and Bryan Hammatt.

In the second half Rebels stepped up a gear, playing much better football. Again, Richardson and Hammatt posed a serious threat.

Sub Junior Haynes was involved in the build up to the winner on 70 minutes when his chip into the box found Richardson, whose shot was saved.

The rebound fell to Dwight Marshall who was brought down by Sam Turner as he shot. Turner was sent off and Hammatt drilled home the penalty.

Coach Steve Browne made a rare appearance and his 20 yard shot on 77 minutes went just over.

Hitchin's best chance of the half, on 83 minutes, saw Darren Fenton's 25 yard free kick excellently tipped wide by Honey.

Their late pressure did not produce a goal however and Slough came away with a well deserved three points.

Hitchin Town Lineup


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024