Early Goals Set Rebels On The Way

Slough Town

Slough Town

Ullathorne (17, pen), Roach (18, 21)


League Attendance: 422
Three goals in the opening twenty-one minutes gave Slough Town another victory, this time over local rivals Uxbridge with Neville Roach scoring twice, and Simon Ullathorne scoring once, in an incident packed match.

The home side dominated the game early on with the new strike partnership of Neville Roach and Michael Bartley linking up well with each other. Roach had the first chance for Slough, but his shot was saved by Uxbridge goalkeeper Norray Chiabbion. Soon after Bartley had a chance when he ran at the Uxbridge defence. Sadly for the Rebels he dragged his shot just past the post.

On seventeen minutes the Rebels deservedly went ahead. Roach received a pass from Anthony Howard inside of the area and was needlessly fouled by Gavin Bamford. A penalty was awarded and Simon Ullathorne scored from the spot. Just a minute later Slough doubled their lead. Michael Gilkes beat Phil Granville for pace out wide. He crossed the ball into the area and an unmarked Roach headed down into the net to double Slough's lead.

On twenty-one minutes Slough effectively put the match beyond Uxbridge even at this early stage. An Ullathorne low free kick was spilled by Chiabbon and Roach pounced to grab his second goal of the match.
Roach should have claimed a first-half hat-trick on twenty-seven minutes when he neatly turned Kevin Clearly and with only Chiabbon to beat he shot inches past the post. As the Weather conditions worsened, Uxbridge took advantage of the strong wind conditions they had and they started to create a few chances of their own.

Dominique Jean-Zepherin was called into action twice in the remaining minutes before half-time. First of all he saved well from a Danny Yeoman drive, then he produced an outstanding save to deny Uxbridge after a shot from Chris Moore took a large deflection off Steve Daly. George Talbot's men were reduced to ten men just before half-time when Jamie Clearly was sent off for a two-footed tackle on Mark Hawthorne.

Uxbridge knew they had nothing to loose and began the second half as the better side. They had a good chance early on when Bamford's strike from the edge of the area was turned around the post by Zepherin. The Rebels soon began to take control of the game again, but at times overplayed on the slippery Wexham Park surface.

They did have a chance to add a fourth midway through the second half when Veli Hakki found himself through on goal. His shot from an acute angle was turned around the post by Chiabbon. With ten minutes remaining Uxbridge were reduced to nine men when their captain Bamford was sent off for his second bookable offence of the match following a foul on Sammy Winston.

Winston had the last chance of the match for the home side when he ran at the Uxbridge defence. He beat Kevin Clearly for pace only to see Chiabbon deny the Rebels substitute his first goal for the club with a good low save.

Uxbridge Lineup

Chiabbon, Stuart Bamford, Barry Bamford, Kevin Cleary, Swift, Bamford, Yeoman, Walters, Tunnell, Moore, Granville. Subs: Frate, Jamie Clearly, Hammond


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024