Rebels Unbeaten Run Continues

Slough Town

Slough Town

Harlow Town

Harlow Town

League Attendance: 385 Michael Gilkes
First played second on Tuesday night as both Harlow and Slough knew that any kind of victory for either side tonight would send them clear at the top of the table.

The home side started the match sloppily, but this was mainly due to Harlow's attacking threat early on where they could have taken the lead with the many chances they had in the early exchanges. The first of these chances fell to Nick Cowley after only a few minutes. He pounced on a mistake from Ricky Browne only to see his shot bounce off the far post and rebound to safety.

Several minutes the away side had another chance when a free kick into the area from Harlow's Marc Salmon saw Cowley again miss the target, this time with a free header. Harlow hit the woodwork for the second time into the match soon after when sloppy Slough defending saw former St Albans midfielder Gary Wraight hit a shot against the bar.

The final chance in this excellent opening spell fell for the Hawks fell to Cowley again, but again his missed the target with another header. This final chance seemed to wake the home side up and the rest half became a much more even affair.

Slough came out the brighter of the two sides in the second half and had their best chance of the match early on. Good play from Michael Gilkes wide from the left saw the winger deliver the ball into the box for Sammy Winston who half-volleyed the ball over the bar when he should have done better.

Just minutes later though a long-ball by Gilkes found Winston on the left. He cut inside two Harlow defenders before curling the ball into the top corner of the net. Only four minutes later though Harlow equalised when a cross into the box seemed to be causing no problems, but as Dean Palmer tried to clear the ball his legs got tangelled up only to see him deflect the ball into his own net past Dominique-Jean Zepherin.

Despite the setback the Rebels were playing a lot better in this half and substitute Steve Hale on for the injured Tony Boot hit a shot from the edge of the area only to see the ball go just over the bar. Hale also had the next chance for the Rebels when a long ball from Steve Daly found the Rebels striker in the box, but his effort was very well saved from goalkeeper James Hasell. In the closing stages both Steve Blaney and Salmon went close with long range efforts, but both sides settled for a point to keep their unbeaten league records intact.

Harlow Town Lineup


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024